How to Choose Road Bikes
It is important to understand the difference between road bikes and commuting, mountain, touring, and hybrid bikes before we learn how to choose them. The few basic features of a road bike are as follows;
• Road bikes are usually designed with a very lightweight frame, wheels, and components.
• It usually has a curled handlebar however you can find a flat bar like a mountain bike in different road bike models.
• It features a composite carbon fibre front fork.
• Road bikes don’t have any front or rear suspension.
• Road bikes are widely available in different sizes for both mens and women’s styles.
Road Bike Frame Material Choices
You primarily have two main choices for the road bike
frames that are carbon fibre and aluminium. For providing a smooth and comfortable ride, aluminium frames are known to be the best choice. They are usually less expensive than carbon fibre frames. They give an improved ride quality and shock absorption thanks to the composite carbon fibre front fork.
In contrast, the carbon fibre trek road bike
frame provides a more comfortable and enjoyable ride. These frames are expensive due to the high end manufacturing process involved in their production. Besides frame material, you need to consider the key bike components such as brakes, chains, wheels, handlebars, seat posts, pedals, derailleur, and gear while choosing a road bike. MASSI
, Argon 18
, and Fuji
manufacture the best womens road bike and mens road bike.