How To Keep Your Food Safety?
Dayhike food safety involves planning, smart food preparation, and technology to prevent bacterial growth and spoilage by keeping food at the right temperature. Put it simply, you must focus on the ideas on how to prepare, store, transport, and consume your food on a long day hike trip. Arcteryx
, and La Sportiva
are the top brands that offer various sizes and designs of lunch bags for men
, lunch bags for women
, and lunch bags for kids
How to Make a Safe Food Choice?
• Choose an insulated lunch bag
that will protect the food from spoilage and keep it at the right temperature in a hot day hike.
• If you are hi king on hot days, skip the fresh stuff as much as possible. Remember that bacteria can cause food borne illness so keep perishable foods like poultry items, yogurt, cheese, and melt away.
• Take preserved, dehydrated and dried foods such as snacks, nuts, and dried fruits/pasta.
• Choose pre packaged and prepared in high levels of safety and quality control commercial kitchens as it will not make you sick on hot day hikes.
• You can also keep firm juicy fruits such as apples, carrots, peppers, and grapes.
Two Important Day Hike Food Safety Tips
Clean Make sure that lunch boxes or containers are clean.
• Cold You can consider using ice packs or lunch cooler bags
to keep your food cool.
• Until your food is cool and clean and cold, you can rest assured that it will not cause any food poisoning in a day hike.