Tips to know what to eat for a trail running
Every runner is unique and needs different types of nutrition according to their health and physique. So, it is difficult to say what exactly a runner should eat and what not to eat. However, there are some basic guidelines and nutrition tips to get you started. Have a look;
1. First and foremost, it is crucial for runners to pay some attention to their everyday diet routine. Since sometimes you are doing short training or taking time off from the trail running routine. As a runner, it is therefore important to consider how much carbohydrates, fat, and protein you consume each day. A healthy and balanced diet includes carbohydrates, fat, and protein that help keep you energized.
2. It is always good to do some experiments. Figure out which food works well for your body while running. As mentioned above, every runner is different; some runners can deal with all food items very well, while others find that some food brings irritation or nausea. If you experience stomach discomfort, avoid eating those foods in the future. You can also try using sports drinks, shakes, and energy gels.
3. It is wise to try out different foods and quantities before, during, and after the race and make a diet plan that works best for you. 226ERS
. Endurance offer the best range of alimentation for running.
4. If you feel that your stomach gets upset by the solid form of food, try taking your nutrition in liquid form. There are many sports drinks and supplements that include calories in the shape of carbohydrates, fat, and protein.
5. Reduce your red meat consumption and instead include fish in your diet which is easier to digest. You should also eat starchy food such as potatoes and rice.